Reopening Announcement Patient Letter
To our amazing Southport Dental Care patients,
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing that has remained the same is our commitment to your health and safety. We understand that many of you have been forced to wait for dental care. We deeply appreciate your understanding while we were closed, doing our part to help flatten the curve and control the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are happy to say that we are have reopened our office for patient treatment. Our hours of operation will be Monday-Friday 7-6pm, and Saturdays from 8-5pm.
As we reopen our clinical doors to you, please know that your health and well-being continue to be our highest priority. In addition to strictly adhering to the Infection Prevention and Control guidelines of the Alberta Dental Association and College (which are arguably some of the most up to date and thorough guidelines in the world) we have increased the frequency of disinfection and surface cleaning in all our common areas, rearranged our space, and added a few new features to our environment.
- Hand sanitizer stations are present immediately upon arrival into the clinic and we’ve streamlined our protocols to reduce (and in many instances eliminate) the need to touch or sign forms for data collection and accounting
- Our reception area has been rearranged to allow for social distancing and plastic shielding has been installed around our reception area to create additional barriers for our administrative team. Unfortunately, we can’t offer you a coffee or tea when you arrive. We’ve also removed all magazines and toys as these are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Our appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This might mean that you’re not offered as many options for scheduling, but rest assured that by extending our hours our goal is to accommodate everybody’s schedule while reducing the number of people in the office at any given time.
- We have installed an air filtration system designed by Austin Air to help eliminate airborne chemicals, VOCs, bio-aerosols, bacteria and viruses. This complements the already existing high volume evacuation (HVE), preclinical rinses and PPE we use at every appointment.
- We continue to explore teledentistry as an option to reduce the need for in-person consultations thereby improving convenience for our patients and reducing the volume of people present in the office.
We really look forward to seeing you again. We are happy to answer any questions you might have about how the delivery of dental care has changed in light of the novel coronavirus pandemic and any new screening protocols in place for your visit. As always, our website (www.southportdentistry.com) is an excellent source of information about dentistry, and we encourage you to take a look at it as we update any new information about COVID-19 and how this may affect access to your future dental care.
Thank you so much for being our patients, and journeying with us through this chaos. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back. Please contact Kari or Allison to schedule your next visit with us.
Dr. Dave Cichon and the team at Southport Dental Care